Healthcare Communicators Northwest (HCNW), the Pacific Northwest’s only health-focused professional organization for communicators, announced its 2019-2020 Board of Directors. The 10-member board (see listing below), which includes expert healthcare communicators who work for or with many of the region’s leading health organizations. The Board has set main organization priorities to focus on expanding HCNW’s membership and organizational activities across Oregon, Washington, and beyond.
“Healthcare is a dynamic, ever-evolving field, presenting professionals with many opportunities and challenges. HCNW lets members to develop and fine-tune their professional skills, network with colleagues, and stay up-to-date on the latest issues and trends,” said Kelly Bantle, HCNW Board President. “We are excited to build upon HCNW’s 30-year history and the organization’s mission of promoting excellence in healthcare marketing, communications, and public affairs.”
Bantle added, “All professionals whose work connects into healthcare, including hospitals, clinics, health plans, nonprofits, local governments or state agencies, are invited to get involved and take advantage of HCNW. A key priority for HCNW’s is expanding the organization’s professional development programming and services to add even greater value for our members.”
HCNW Board of Directors
• President-Kelly Bantle, VP Pac/West Communications
• Immediate Past President- Piseth Pich, Independent Consultant
• Immediate Past President- Jess Columbo, CEO Med|Ed Digital
• Secretary- Jennifer Nitson, Marketing Mgr. Samaritan Health Services
• Treasurer- Sage Townsend, Marketing Consultant Kaiser Permanente
• Communications Director- Stephanie Vandehey, Communications Mgr. Health Share
• Professional Development Co-Director- Kathleen Nickel, Dir. of Communications CHI Mercy Health
• Professional Development Co-Director- Clarissa Fong, Senior Social Media Specialist OHSU
• Strategic Partnerships Director- Vicki Guinn, Public Relations Consultant Legacy Health
• Membership Director- Mary Sawyers, President SmartyPants Communications
Healthcare Communicators Northwest, HCNW (formerly Healthcare Communicators of Oregon) is the Pacific Northwest’s only health-focused professional organization for communicators. HCNW is dedicated to promoting excellence in healthcare marketing, communications and public affairs.